8/15/2023 Fix for 10.13 Macs
Got a new launch from ROES that works on macOS 10.13 and creates a usable link on the desktop.
- Download the file and open it
- If it asks if you want to replace the current “ACI Flex” click Replace
- Once installed it will create a shortcut
- If it doesn’t automatically create a desktop shortcut, one can be made by simply dragging the application from the applications folder onto the desktop.
If this version doesn’t work on a customer’s computer, have them try deleting the .ROESEngineCache, .roescache and .ACIFlex folders before attempting to launch ACI Flex. I ran into an issue testing which was resolved by deleting those.
Please save this email so you can give this link out to any future customers on a macOS older than 10.15
Let me know if anyone has questions!
8/04/2023 Fix for 10.13 Macs
(If you are able to update macOS to 10.15, this workaround won’t be needed.)
If you need to have the workaround below—once the old java has been installed--when you go to install ACI Flex it will prompt "java is out of date" and ask to update which they can select “skip this version”.
We found a workaround to get ACI Flex to launch on macOS 10.13.
Customers will need to install an older version of Java which will require them to first uninstall the java they already have on their system.
Customers who can upgrade their operating systems should do so. Upgrade to Mojave 10.14 first and then once that is complete they can update the OS to Catalina 10.15. Here is the page with direct links to different mac version installs, just scroll down to “Use the App Store”: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT211683
On to the work around:
- Find the original install file for java, this is most likely going to be in the downloads folder and will be named something like jre-8u381-macosx-x64.dmg
- If this can’t be found they can redownload the installer here https://javadl.oracle.com/webapps/download/AutoDL?BundleId=248766_8c876547113c4e4aab3c868e9e0ec572
- Double click and run the Java installation file
- Click on the Java package file and enter username/password
In the next window that pops up, click the Remove button
- Java will be removed from the system
- Download & install the older version of Java via this link: https://acilab.com/roes/java/jre-8u151-macosx-x64.dmg
- Once the old Java is installed, download and run the troubles launching version of ACI Flex: https://www.roeslaunch.com/ROES/labs/ACIFlex/launch.jnlp
- Reminder: This version needs to be viewed in the Finder window then Right clicked > Open